Each LINk sets its own programme of work, selecting ares of NHS and soical care services to review. Coventry LINk's Steering Group considers ideas and suggestions for Coventry LINk's work programme each year.
So far LINk has done work to look at:
- Access to the hospital (Walsgrave site) and car parking
- The services offered by the Opal Centre (disability equipment)
- Barriers for Black and Minority Ethnic communities in accessing cancer services
- Pathway for cancer patients going through A&E
- Review of City Council community services web pages
- Healthwatch pathfinder work – focus groups on what local Healthwatch should do
- Patient transport for kidney dialysis patients
- Activities for in-patients at the Caledon Centre mental health unit
- Choice and control for people who receive social care services
- The Governments plan's for the future of the NHS
Through 6 months of community outreach and networking we identified possible areas of work for the LINk's first full work programme. Leading to six work streams:
- Hospital discharge processes – how are they working?
- Hospital outpatient appointment booking systems
- The personalisation of adult social care services – how it is being implemented locally?
- Information about how to access mental health services – how accessible is this and how is the out of hours telephone service working?
- The accessibility of GP appointment systems and registering with a GP
- Maternity services - comments about maternity services gathered at LINk focus groups
- LINk took part in partnership work to look at hospital care for people with disabilities with Scrutiny Board 4 and the Physical and Sensory Impairment and Older Peoples' Partnerships
Go to details of our findings recommendations and outcomes in the impact section